Monday, June 11, 2012

Experimentation station

Ok so this weekend I tried a bentonite clay detox for my hair and face. Let me just say I am impressed but more impressed to try it again with better results. It did an excellent job purifying my face and I loved it. I also like that my curls were more defined after I applied it to my hair. I think I should have used a little more maybe? Maybe a leave in conditioner or curling product to maintain the curls? I don't know I'm looking forward to experimenting. I used Aztec brand bentonite clay from Sprouts, water, apple cider vinegar and coconut milk for moisture. I followed by deep conditioning with VO5 conditioner, with added oils (coconut, olive,castor, jojoba) and a dash of coconut milk. I detangled some in the shower but was afraid I'd lose the curls I saw when I first took the clay out. I did lose those pretty tiny ringlets anyway :( maybe I should have used a leave-in? I don't know but here's me with a braid out before and after the treatment. I wouldn't say it was a failure but I wouldn't say I totally succeeded either. Now to find a product that reduces frizz!!
                                Before the treatment and after being out in the heat a little bit.
                       After the treatment...I can see some more definition but that darn frizz is killing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment