Thursday, June 28, 2012

Beautiful Textures *product review*


original
Hello all just a quick product review of the beautiful textures styling products. I was a little hesitant to do this review because I'm still up in the air on whether or not I love this product. At first I thought this stuff is great love love love it, then I was like its ok, then I used it with my EccoStyler Olive Oil Gel and got some white danduff looking stuff on my hair that I've never gotten when I use the products separately and thought maybe this stuff isn't so great after all. So with that here we go.
I used the Moisture Butter
Beautiful Textures Moisture Butter Whipped Curl Crème
I like the consistency of the product it was thick not runny, a little greasy reminds me of mayonnaise. Its was a peachy color. It smells tropical and fruit just a hint of a floral smell. It's ok, I can honestly say I've just used this product once or maybe twice by itself. It moisturizing ok, but like with EVERY product I try my hair is kinda dry after a few hours. As far as curl definition, I was to warn you that I don't have much curl definition to begin with so any definition is great to me. It was pretty good. A little goes a long way. I may not buy this again if I find something that works better, but it is pretty inexpensive I believe it was less than $10 and its a large jar (8 oz). Let me just say it was ok but not exciting enough for me to just go out and buy the rest of the line. I don't know I'm going on a shampoo run later I might stop in to Sally's I might just switch it up a bit. Would I recommend this product? Yes, I'd say give it a try it may work wonders for your hair, it wasn't horrible by any means, it smells nice and I can't say anything about the hold because I used it with the Beautiful Textures Curl Control Defining Pudding so I don't know what it does by itself. I'd say try it. Its inexpensive enough to at least give it a go.

I also used the Curl Control Defining Pudding:
Beautiful Textures Curl Control Defining Pudding
The consistency of this product is a little thinner than the butter. (If you have finer hair I'd recommend using this the butter is heavier). Its also a little greasy and is more the consistency of  thick lotion like St. Ives. I liked this product more than the butter and use it more for twist outs and to moisturize. (Even though I think I'll switch and start using the butter more, maybe...) It smells good, they have a slightly different smell the butter and the pudding but the smells are complimentary. I was in love with this product until I used it with my Kinky Curly Knot Today and Eccostyler gel, my hair flaked up a bit. But by itself a definite try for my curls of all textures. Its good and moisturizing, I'm still looking for a little more shine. Also together the products did a decent job fighting my frizz. Not great but good. I'd say give it a try, it may not be a staple but its a good holding place if you are debating between other more expensive products like I am now.

Hope this helps! Stick with me ladies as I journey I promise it'll be at the very least entertaining if not informative!

No comments:

Post a Comment