Friday, June 8, 2012

Hi my name is...

Hello world its me! I've decided to break down and chronicle my natural hair journey a la blog. So here I go! First a little about me. My name is Momma Shayla. I'm a busy mom of five, with a full time job, active kids, and a whole lot of what I'd describe as type 4aish bish hair. Have no idea what I'm talking about? Click here to discover what your hair type is.  I have been "natural" for almost three years. "Natural" is in quotations because depending on what you consider natural I may or may not have been all natural back then. I had my last relaxer on June 12, 2009. I wore my hair in weave for a wedding. Once that weave came out I went from braids, to braids, to weave to braids, and so on but never reapplied the relaxer. I knew I wanted a break from the creamy crack, but I couldn't bare the sight of my head with short hair. So I just let my hair grow under attactive braid styles until about September of 2011. I was pregnant with my youngest and I thought, let's do this! I went to a salon and got the "big chop" however mine wasn't drastic since I had a TON of new growth from my two years of no relaxer. I've gone back to braids since then but when my hair is out of braids I rock the natural styles. I'm super busy and I've seen tons of natural hair, blogs, forums, websites, you tube channels, but all the women seem to be footloose, fancy-free and kid-less. I plan on adding a you tube channel in the future as well, and it will probably feature more than just hair...that's later though! I'm hoping to be able to include product reviews, hairstyles, links, hairecipes, and more. Please please comment, leave questions and I'll get back with you ASAP. Thanks so much for coming along on my fantastic follicle journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment